Updated: August 2023
At HIDORA, we take data protection very seriously.
We undertake to comply with the Swiss Data Protection Act (DPA) or, the standards of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR- EU 2016/679), where applicable.
We also recognize the importance of cooperating with our customers to fulfill all legal obligations, including responding to data subject requests, providing access to personal data, cooperating with regulatory inspection and audit requests, complying with legal notification deadlines in the event of data breach or theft, and establishing additional agreements for international data transfers to protect personal data. We carry out regular security audits on all our systems, the results of which are available on request. We certify that our staff have been trained to ensure that our company complies with all the obligations imposed by the Data Protection Act.
2. Acting as data controller
When we act as data controller, we collect and manage certain personal data, generally referred to as "business information". This includes data that our customers share with us, such as name, telephone number, address, e-mail and function within the organization. It may also include technical information such as IP addresses and bank details for payment purposes. Please note that we do not have access to the personal data you process with your chosen payment solution provider.
We process this personal data only to fulfill our contractual obligations, manage business relationships, process orders and contracts, supply products and services, invoice and provide support. Our data processing activities include the implementation of security and technical measures to protect personal data.
We also process analytical and statistical data related to contractual obligations, quality, security, reporting and billing.
3. Acting as a subcontractor for our customers
Where our services include the storage, hosting or management of a customer's data (hereinafter: customer content), we act as its processor, while the customer remains the controller and owner of its customer content.
As a subcontractor, we process personal data exclusively as the customer's subcontractor and in accordance with contractual provisions or to the extent necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations. Customer content data entrusted to us will not be read, altered or evaluated by us without the customer's knowledge. We implement technical and organizational security measures in accordance with industry norms and standards to protect customer content from unauthorized access by third parties. Where technically possible and at the customer's request, specific security measures may be added to the usual services, such as data encryption. These measures are at the customer's discretion and require the prior agreement of both parties. We have no influence on the security of customer content data when transferred via public networks. We destroy customer content data no later than 60 days after the expiration or termination of services, or at the customer's request, we may return it in due course.
We only disclose customer data to public authorities when we are legally obliged to do so.
4. To third parties
In some cases, we may need to involve third parties in the performance of services, which involves access to customer data. In such cases :
- These third parties are granted limited and controlled access to personal data, solely for necessary business processes, such as debt collection or IT maintenance operations,
- We require third parties to comply strictly with applicable data protection laws and regulations,
- We only disclose information that is necessary for the provision of our services.
- We will inform you when we use a processor who has access to personal data.
Unless otherwise specified in the contract, as a subcontractor we process personal data in a data center located in Switzerland.
For services involving storage, hosting or customer content management, we use the following subcontractor, who may process personal data for technical reasons:
- Virtuozzo International GmbH
Vordergasse 59, Schaffhausen 8200, Switzerland
Phone: +41 (0) 52 539 10 27 - E-mail: email@example.com
When we engage a new third party to access a customer's personal data, we will inform the customer in advance in writing. If a customer does not agree to such an arrangement, both parties will explore other options, including a potential right of termination for the customer if no satisfactory alternative is found.
4. Personal data from the website
When you, for example, make enquiries about our services, sign up for a free trial, contact us for support, a quotation or consultation, or to explore career opportunities with us, or when you sign up to receive our marketing communications, you may give us personal information through our website.
You can always disable the storage of cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly; however, please note that in this case you may not be able to fully use all the functions of this website.
We may use personal data from the website for a variety of reasons, including to:
- To provide, operate, optimize and maintain the website;
- To process Users' online requests and enquiries, and to provide Visitors with information and access to resources or services that Visitors have requested from us;
- To manage our website and system administration and security;
- Identify any server or other computer or network problems;
- To compile aggregate statistics on the use of our website and to better understand our users' preferences;
- To send you marketing communications, in accordance with your consent;
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other legal purposes of which we will inform you.
If you have opted-in to our marketing communications, you agree to receive promotional communications and/or marketing emails from HIDORA (such as general information about our services, partners, events and special offers). You can update this consent at any time by
- changing your user account ;
- by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of our marketing emails;
- by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use Google Analytics to analyse trends, administer websites and services, track users' movements around our website and services, serve targeted advertisements and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. You may opt out of Google's data collection and processing by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=ch.
We also use the following social media cookies:
- Facebook (USA) - http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Google "+1" (USA) - http://www.google.com/intl/ch/+/policy/+1button.html.
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy
- Twitter (USA) - http://twitter.com/privacy
- YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/static?hl=en&template=privacy
Please note that we do not control or influence the extent of data collected by the above companies.
HIDORA SA - (CHE-286.910.173)
Rue des Charmilles 8 - 1203 Geneva - SWITZERLAND
Phone : +41 22 552 14 14 / Email : email@example.com.
Our EU representative
We have appointed an EU representative, who is :
Mr Yannick COSTA
74000 ANNECY - FRANCE
Copyright © 2021 HIDORA SA. All rights reserved.